This boat SC for sell keeps me up at night

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral
Man...She's beautiful...The price keeps dropping & dropping..I almost feel sorry for the guy selling her..If I had tons of expendable cash she'd be in my driveway! 2,000 bucks at the moment...

Attachments

• vintage sc1.jpg
    vintage sc1.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 0
  • vintage sc3.jpg
    vintage sc3.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 0
  • vintage sc2.jpg
    vintage sc2.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 0
  • vintage sc.jpg
    vintage sc.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 0

mphy98

Lieutenant
Re: This boat SC for sell keeps me up at night

i don't want to burst your bubble but,,, that is an old old boat with an old old motor. I think a grand would be all she is worth. Just my .02

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

Hold for $800 unless there's a serious collectability factor that I can't see from the pics. You could even go give him a $50 deposit on an $800 bid if you think it's safe.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

lol
My bubble is made of kevlar..no worries..

I see I should have posted in the Star Craft forum where she woulda got the respect she deserves..lol:D

But I also have my eye on this girl @ 600.00 as well...
Also looks like a StarChief cuddy in the background thats NOT listed..

Attachments

• SC 600.jpg
    SC 600.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 0
  • SC 600_1.jpg
    SC 600_1.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 0

scoutabout

Lieutenant Commander

Nice sharp lines on that blue one for sure.

n2ostroker

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I like the blue one. Cool little boat.

Rickairmedic

Commander

Kev I have been paying attention :D. I think you are just about in need of another " project " boat and that little Blue one looks like a great candidate especially if you flash 4 pictures of Ben at the owner and he takes it :D. I will add if your just bored and need something to keep you busy you are welcome to come get one of mine to work on till I get caught up a little with work :D. Would you prefer to work on my 64 Crestliner or 74 Larson more :D. I want to do the 60 Cutter myself :D.

Rick

26aftcab454

Lieutenant Commander

Those are some sweet boats! I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I tried selling my 1957 LoneStar El Dorado last year for $2000 - w/good running 1994 -115 Evinrude- decent trailer and had no takers- I even tried to give it away to family members( no-I will not give it to you). It's worth more than $2000 to me .
My neighbor bought cool late 60s hard top fiberlass boat with a running 115hp merc outboard & trailer for $300. He said the old gentleman had tears in his eyes as he drove away with it. I hope I don't end up like that. :(

azlakes

Senior Chief Petty Officer

My neighbor bought cool late 60s hard top fiberlass boat with a running 115hp merc outboard & trailer for $300. He said the old gentleman had tears in his eyes as he drove away with it. I hope I don't end up like that. :(

... ya that ol guy prolly watched a better part of his life drive off.

Cheap has BAS - boat aquisition syndrome :)

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Kev I have been paying attention :D. I think you are just about in need of another " project " boat and that little Blue one looks like a great candidate especially if you flash 4 pictures of Ben at the owner and he takes it :D. I will add if your just bored and need something to keep you busy you are welcome to come get one of mine to work on till I get caught up a little with work :D. Would you prefer to work on my 64 Crestliner or 74 Larson more :D. I want to do the 60 Cutter myself :D.

Rick

lol Rick...
I still have to finish up this one I have...But now my eye is indeed wandering..
That lil blue is 80% there...it's just lust really...but so tempting..so dammmmm tempting...

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Kevin, i have to agree on overall value, $1,000. it made be a Starcraft. but they just don't carry the Rep and value in Florida. in Fl it is just another old aluminun boat.

56 rude

Banned

is the blue one a starcraft holiday?

Rickairmedic

Commander

... ya that ol guy prolly watched a better part of his life drive off.

Cheap has BAS - boat aquisition syndrome :)

ROFLMAO I dont know how bad Kev has it but I have managed to " aquire " 3 boats already this summer and I am still looking :eek: I had an 89 Reinell tempt the heck out of me last night $600.00 and the guy put $1200 into it last season upper and lower units rebuilt :D. I guess its a good thing I dont live in Tampa anymore probably have more boats to tempt me :D.

Rick

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Just to put that "deal" in perspective....I don't feel my boat would be worth much more than $1500-$2000 and mine's turn-key.

Huron Angler

Admiral

The little blue one sure is sweet...but that yellow Starchief is a real gem. Like an older Islander only with more class and nostalgia.

Kev I'm still kept up at night with visions of the 15' Starcraft Holiday that the price is dropping on. I imagine that I'll buy it in September for $500.

I also have BAS and I wonder what my yard will look like when I buy a house and start really collecting boats:D

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

The little blue one sure is sweet...but that yellow Starchief is a real gem. Like an older Islander only with more class and nostalgia.

Kev I'm still kept up at night with visions of the 15' Starcraft Holiday that the price is dropping on. I imagine that I'll buy it in September for $500.

I also have BAS and I wonder what my yard will look like when I buy a house and start really collecting boats:D

lol...If I drag another boat home..Diane would throw all my junk in it and tell me to tow all of it away!...When I had my IMP Pawnee (the reason I found this great site) and discovered I was in waaaaay over my head, I started looking for another boat, found this one and couldn't even CALL the guy till I sold the old one.."You aren't turning our house into a boat yard" or something like that....It's all a blur..BAS affects your hearing and another symptom is cloudy vision..lol

But..That lil 14 footer would fit in my garage..so technically we wouldn't have a boatyard...hmmmm hafta pitch that one later after dinner..with lots of wine..lots;)

56 rude

Banned

didnt realise that was a 14 footer but now that i look closely its a twin of my buddies starcraft for sure except his is bright orange.