Open Aluminum boat steering options

reelfishin

Captain
I have a 15' aluminum V hull which I mostly run with just me in the boat, and when there's a passenger, they rarely counterbalance my weight, the weight of the motor, battery, and fuel as well.
The point of balance is beyond the reach of a tiller extension as well.

The boat has two full bench seats, one at the rear about 15" ahead of the transom, one which is so close to the bow, it's awkward to sit facing forward on, and two half benches which are just ahead of midway between the two full seats.

The hull curves in too far to mount a console ahead of the right half bench, so it would have to go either in place of it, or just behind it. Putting it in place of the right half bench would work but that would mean adding a pedestal seat behind the console since the rear bench is too far back. Mounting the console just behind the half bench, would allow me to sit on the rear bench and steer, but that don't solve any weight issues.
(The right answer space wise may be to modify the console to fit just ahead of the half bench, allowing that bench to be used as the driver's seat, but that will still leave me with a left/right balance issue and I'd have to contend with the curve of the hull to get the console mounted square).

I though about stick steer, but couldn't figure out where I'd mount the steering box, controls, and still be able to reach both, have a center mounted seat, and not loose any floor space.

I've seen similar boats set up with a console mounted just behind the right half bench, and a cooler/seat held in place with straps for a drivers seat, but having a cooler there will no doubt be adding more weight to the right side.

Any ideas?