New Easyhauler trailer, lights not working....

Action

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Well the trailer was new last year, went to pick it up and attach it to the truck, plug the 4 pin in and no passenger taillight is working on the trailer.....so I took the lens off and then noticed that the sealed housing had condensation on it, so i took that off and it looks as if water got in. There was water over the contacts, etc but nothing on the other side.....kind of ticked me off since it is pretty much a new trailer and it looks like it seals pretty well. Any suggestions? I have bought some new bulbs even though the other bulbs didn't look like the filaments were burnt out.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner
Re: New Easyhauler trailer, lights not working....

Bad ground, Bad ground and Bad ground are the top 3 reasons for this.

caperman

Cadet

i had the same prob..the wires go in the back of the light,it's like a push in type hard to fix so i got some l.e.d lighting.that fixed that..good luck

Action

Petty Officer 3rd Class

i had the same prob..the wires go in the back of the light,it's like a push in type hard to fix so i got some l.e.d lighting.that fixed that..good luck

Yea I was thinking L.E.D is the best way to go....can't believe it is the ground already although i should test it to be sure this weekend....black flies were too bad last weekend to be outside to long!

CaptOchs

Petty Officer 1st Class

Yea I was thinking L.E.D is the best way to go....can't believe it is the ground already although i should test it to be sure this weekend....black flies were too bad last weekend to be outside to long!

LED is the way to go for sure. It's worth the extra $20-$30 for the set. While you're at it, buy some heat-shrink tubing. It's easy to use and will make a tighter connection.

Al Kungel

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The lights on my trailer are not LED and it goes in the salt chuck and I have hardly any trailer light isssues. This is what I do.
When I put the trailer in or out of the water, I always unplug the electrical before I back into the water.
I put grease on the back of all the light bulbs before they go into the sockets.

CaptOchs

Petty Officer 1st Class

The lights on my trailer are not LED and it goes in the salt chuck and I have hardly any trailer light isssues. This is what I do.
When I put the trailer in or out of the water, I always unplug the electrical before I back into the water.
I put grease on the back of all the light bulbs before they go into the sockets.

I'm lazy... I just back right in with the LED lights plugged in. The housing is sealed, unlike traditional trailer lights. No problems since installing them three years ago.