gas squirting out of carbs 95' 115 rude

coltsfan

Recruit
I recently tore down the carbs for cleaning. After reassembling everything i tried to fire it up and couldnt get it to start for anything.I soon discovered that gas was running right out the front of the carbs. It doesnt seem to have any pressure at all,as soon as i pump the fuel bulb,gas squirts right out the front of the carbs.Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

jtexas

Fleet Admiral
Re: gas squirting out of carbs 95' 115 rude

Order carb kits from iboats, take the carbs apart again, replace all the gaskets and o-rings, and especially the float valves (needles *and* seats). Before you reattach the bowls, hold the carb body upside down at eye level. If the float doesn't hang perfectly parallel with the body, bend the float arm just a tad until it does. After you've reassembled the carbs, hold 'em upside down and blow into the fuel inlet -- no air should pass.

jtcarter

Petty Officer 1st Class

Sounds like your going to have to get back into those carbs. You either have a misadjusted float or you should have put new carb kits in. Your needle valve isn't closing all the way. It could be a bad needle valve or your float is simply misadjusted. When you turn the carb upside down the float should be parallel with the carb, even with it.

coltsfan

Recruit

Thanks for the tips,sure cant beat this forum for advice, I'll tear into those carbs again this weekend.