Force rectifier help

Gamblerman

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hey guys can someone tell me if I lose the ground on my force rectifier will I lose power in wot.The other day I had my boat out and it started to lose power and would stall out but would start back up no problem.Now when not WOT it would run just fine. I got back home and I was looking around and found that the ground wire to the rectifier had lost its little screw and was not on it.:eek:

Thanks Shawn

john from md

Commander
Re: Force rectifier help

The only thing that losing the rectifier ground will do is not charge your battery. As long as the battery has juice, the engine will run.

Was your ball soft after it shut off? If so, you may have bad check valves in the ball or in the fuel pump housing. If you can keep the engine running by pumping the ball, that is a good indication that the check valves are sticking.

Regards,

John

Gamblerman

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Hey John now when I think about it I did check the fuel ball after and it was soft.Should I just replace the ball ,Its about five years old and it has some soft spots.

Thanks shawn

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

If the fuel bulb is going soft or collapsing, then it is not the bulb. There is a partial clog or restriction before the bulb. Check the quick-connect fitting and the in-tank strainer.

Barnacle_Bill

Admiral

Its normal for the bulb to be soft, but not collapsed, while the motor is running.