Cleaning fuel injectors

Karl_Childers

Petty Officer 2nd Class
What is the best way to clean clogged fuel injectors? I removed the Fuel injectors on a yamaha f90 today that has sat for 3 years and there was all kinds of debris in the "little holes" and in the intake side of the injector there was a white chalky substance that I assumed was aluminum oxide from the VST, maybe. Anyhow, what is the best way to clean them without damaging them? Thanks for your time!!

Karl

seahorse5

Rear Admiral
Re: Cleaning fuel injectors

Send them out to a Yamaha approved cleaning center such as Flagship Engines in Punta Gorda, FL

Just google them for the toll free number and the address

It sounds like the engine's whole fuel system is due for a thorough cleaning. Make sure the electric fuel pump is not frozen up.

Casco Bay Outrage

Petty Officer 2nd Class

While you can try a DIY, you probably don't have the right equipment to clean (ultrasonic cleaner) and test (flow meter) them.

There are several recent posts from Yamaha owners who did DIY cleanings without success. It took a professional to get them done right.

At ~$25 each, send them out.

Eshaw150

Petty Officer 1st Class

Please Send them out and fo not try it yourself its better to send them out for 35 each and have a pro do it than smend 100 plus far one injector

Big Keepers

Petty Officer 1st Class

The white chalky stuff could be ethanol that phased out of the gasoline too. I've heard that ethanol will look like that sometimes. It had two different colors in my Suzuki Bandit carbs when I cleaned them out each spring. That bike hated ethanol like none other.

That fuel system needs a total cleaning of any part that had gasoline sitting in it, at the very least there should be some varnishing in places. Worst case is ethanol poisoning.