Question for old Indy 500 fans

Tyme2fish

Commander
Watching the race yesterday got me to wondering who was the guy in the trench coat that pitched STP back in the late 60's early 70's.

Was that Andy Granitelli (sp?) ? :confused:

My old brain doesn't remember things like it used to.:redface:

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Question for old Indy 500 fans

My old brain doesn't remember things like it used to.:redface:

Neither does mine, but after reading your post about Andy, my mind for some strange reason went back to when Rodger Ward won the 500 and visited my high school 2 years later. Got to shake his hand, never thought about an autograph.
Some things will just always bring a smile to my face. :D

JB

Indy always makes me think of a lot of people named Unser. I really missed having an Unser in the field this year. I only actually met Jerry and Louie, but they were both gentlemen of the first rank. I have every reason to believe that their siblings and descendants are, too.

Another Indy family is the Andrettis. Nice to see an Andretti (John) driving for King Richard. Mr. Petty did his bit to promote STP during his career, along with Andy Granatelli.

I was really pulling hard for Danica. Always a top ten finisher when she finishes. Her turn will come.

Tyme2fish

Commander

So does this mean that my half dead brain still works and that Andy was the guy pushing the STP?:confused:

Bob_Vt says yes and Don and JB didn't really answer my question.

Please answer one and all on to Tyme's question of memories half way lost.:eek:

Yes, JB, an Indy without an Unser driving is still strange to me. AJ Foyt,Al Unser Jr or Sr., Seems like now all the the drivers names end with a vowel.:D

JB

Yes, T2F. That was Andy Granatelli.