1995 Sea Ray Tournament Ski Ray 190 / 175 Mercury questions..

dlayman

Cadet
Hello all. Fairly new here. I posted awhile ago but have sence moved and lost my log in info.
Anyway, I'm looking at a couple boats and this one has really caught my attention.
It's in very nice shape and seems to run fine. (out of the water start up/etc)
Anyway, anyone have any more seasoned (experienced) information on this boat and motor?
Handling, getting on plane speed, top speed, fuel mileage, etc???

It'll be a family boat (light skiing) kid's on tubes, and fishing......
Might take it out on Lake Erie once in awhile so long as conditions allow, but mostly it will see local smaller lakes and rivers.

So, can anyone help me out? How is the engine thats on it? I would imagine a 175 OB should move this size boat along pretty well.
Does anyone know what the max engine rating is for this boat? (1995 Sea Ray Tournament Ski Ray 190)

Just looking to get something fairly simple with enough fun factor to keep the kids smiling. (I also don't wanna have to sell the Harley to afford a boat..lol)
Looks like I might be able to pick this up for under $5500 with a Trail master trailer. I'm unsure of the hours at this point but will find out soon..

Thanks a bunch, and I look forward to enjoying this board and talking with you all..

Darek

nwripple

Cadet
Re: 1995 Sea Ray Tournament Ski Ray 190 / 175 Mercury questions..

I have had a 95 190 since 97. Used almost exclusively in salt water (south puget sound) and LOVE IT. there are several of these running around out here. We bought a bigger boat last summer, used the ski ray TODAY for the first time since the new purchase. Have to admit I let her go a bit over the winter, what with the new toy and all, deep cleaned it over the long weekend and it started right up. I had forgotten how fast and responsive it is, smooth and quick and quiet. stock engine, carb'd (EFI in last production year, 96) merc 175, with high five five bladed prop is max allowed. goes about 52-propped for hole shot. small wake, great ski boat. also a great runabout -roomy, fun, easy to run and use. 28 gallon fuel tank, dont' know burn nos. but will last all weekend, depending. I have also used it for camping, even in the san juan islands... pretty seaworthy, far more than most ski boats. have even fished from her. I have had very few issues,despite running in salt - new impeller every other year, once had a bad oil pump sensor, easy fix. was thinking of selling, until today, and the fact they are only going for 5500?! Maybe I will keep it - there is not really another boat that can ski tube camp cruise tow, happily land on a beach, maybe even go dry if you don't watch the tide, and still handle some bumps like this boat can. Have fun!:)