bravo 3 duro prop

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobaltcliff

Cadet
I have a 2002 cobalt 6.2 and a bravo 3 outdrive. where do find a prop wrench to remove these two large nuts??

TilliamWe

Banned
Re: bravo 3 duro prop

The outer nut is 1 and 7/16" and you can find a 1/2" drive socket if you look real hard. But a 3/4" drive socket in that size is real easy to find at Farm and Fleet or Lowe's, for about $15. Mercruiser also sells their tool for about $35-$40
The inner nut is 2 1/4" and the deep socket is a Mercruiser only tool. (1/2" drive) You can make one out of a semi-trailer wheel bearing socket, or fab one yourself, or buy the Mercruiser wrench online for about $60 (I think. And Iboats might sell them). There is also a hand wrench that guys have. I think it's available at a place called properthing.com or something like that.

I hope you have just bought that boat and that you haven't owned it since it was new and have never removed the props! And I really really hope you haven't kept in the water every summer, cause you are not going to like what you see, when you get them off. The rear bearing carrier is what corroeds on a B3 drive, and 7 years slipped in the water is more than enough time to ruin one!

cobaltcliff

Cadet
Re: bravo 3 duro prop

Thanks for the info on where to get the sockets. As far as the boat, I bought it brand new. I only use it on Lake Tahoe. I pull it out after every use. It's never been left over night on any lake. I had the boat shop up here in Truckee pull the props for me and they had no problem. Even the grease on the shaft still looked great. I also only have 200 hours on the boat.
Thanks again.
Cliff

Status
Not open for further replies.