Who build my boat?

scottzfx

Cadet
So, I just bought my first boat. She's a 1973 15' tri-hull. The HIN starts with MMM and has a plaque on her back that says Merri-Mac Greeneville, NC. I've tried searching for this boat manufacturer online and can't find them. I'd like to see if I could get any documentation on the boat, like an owner's manual or anything that can tell me what was original to the boat. I'm just curious more than anything. I don't plan on doing a full restore, but I'd like to know what I've got to work with. Any help would be appreciated.

boat01.JPG

boat02.JPG

scottzfx

Cadet
Re: Who build my boat?

Thanks! Figured there wouldn't be much out there to be found, but worth a shot. My biggest question is do these style boats have a bilge pump under the deck? I can't find an access port. One of the storage spaces under the front jump seats is cracked. If water has gotten in there, where does it go? The deck sounds and feels solid so I really don't want to rip open the deck unless I have to, but I don't want water collecting between the hull and the deck. Just signed up today, so, please let me know if I need to post this question elsewhere in the forums.