suzuki DT85 power trim help

spydraft

Recruit
I have a 1985 suzuki DT85 2 stroke. I have owned this for 6 months and I am very knew to the boating world. At first my power trim worked good, now the trim would work sometimes and sometimes slow and eventually stop working. I can hear the relays clicking. I removed the ptt motor housing and discovered fluid on motor. I went deeper into pump and discovered that the coil spring that goes around the rubber seal was off causing the fluid to enter where the armatuer comes in. That problem was fixed by putting spring back on. I went as far as claening the brush assembly and springs and motor, then put back together. The ptt worked great but a ground in my lower end unit was getting very hot (glowing orange) and smoking very bad. I have made sure all ground wires are tight but I am lost at this point. Before I cleaned the ptt motor it would work very slow or not at all but it did not have the grounding out problem. Any help would be appreciated..

spydraft

Recruit
Re: suzuki DT85 power trim help

this issue has been resolved. I had a short in the brush assembly. with help was able to locate and swap parts off a old motor and it works like brand new again.