Eagle fishfinder stuck in display mode

TJDave

Petty Officer 2nd Class
It is about 8 years old. Came with the boat. Is there a code or something to get it off display mode? I don't have the manual to it. Or, is it toast, and should I just get a new one? :confused:

Splat

Lieutenant
Re: Eagle fishfinder stuck in display mode

Ummmmm I used to have an OLD eagle. I think to get it into demo mode you hold down the power button until the unit beeps. But next time you turn it on it should start regular.

Are you just pushing the power button and releasing it or are you holding it down till the unit turns on?

Maybe trying to hold in the power button and see if it'll kick out of demo mode that way.

I'll see if I still have mine lying around with the manual when I get back home tonight.

Bill

itsonlymoney

Seaman Apprentice

Is your menu button functional? If so you should be able to scroll through and find the display function so you can turn off the demo mode.

TJDave

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thank-you for the replies. Yes it is old. I just plug in the two connectors that come through the top of the dash and plug them in to the back of the unit. Then, it just comes on in display mode. I tried pressing any button, and I get nothing.

I will try pressing and holding the on/off button. I don't think I have tried that yet.
thank-you again.