1990 200 evinrude lean sneeze

javlin1989

Recruit
Ok here is my problem i have a 1990 200 evinrude. I have a lean sneeze on one cylinder at idle. power head has less than 2 hours on it Compression on all 6 cylinders is 85 psi i have disasembled and cleaned all 6 carbs, replaced gaskets behind butterfly valves, sinked all butterfly valves they are all closed, new fuel filters, new plug. at idle it sneezes on that one cyclinder. If i take that plug wire off while idleing it stops sneeezing and idles fine. Carbs are clean clean clean. I ran a can of OMC engine tuner through it via shrader valve no change. :mad: i have checked all fuel lines I can not find a leak I am pulling my hair out trying to find cause anyone have any advice. also replace primer can seals and new shrader valve assembly.

jonesg

Admiral
Re: 1990 200 evinrude lean sneeze

Did you rebuild carbs with new kits? Its a must.

Did you try a 2 finger choke in the lean carbs throat to see if the sneeze goes away?
You could try swapping carb with another to see if the sneeze follows the carb , that will either isolate the carb or point at the reed or fuel feed .

javlin1989

Recruit
Re: 1990 200 evinrude lean sneeze

i have tried cover the carb throat partially it still sneezed I also swapped the carbs the sneeze stays on the same cylinder. I look at all the reed when I had the butterfly plate off they all look in-tack but i really am not sure what to look for here