Anyone have T-mobile..

Marchosia

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Alright, heres the thing I broke my phone.. ha.. wow just thought bout broke my phone an fishing pole in the same weekend :[.. Anyways I have an account that is eligible for an upgrade and I really like the new phone G1.. Well, I went to the site an did all the upgrade thing an on the last page it says.. You must purchase a Data Plan package for either 24, or 34 dollars a month.. Witch i find is pointless, why make a cell phone that has WiFi built in and then make you buy a data plan package just to have it..

I also called customer service, and of course the representative told me that she has one an its the greatest phone ever an blah blah.. of course I asked her if you can get it without it an she said no, that you actually have to sign in to be able to turn it on or some jibberish like that.. either way...

So my question is... Do any of yall have this phone an know if you can buy one else where, and not have the data package plan and if it will work without it..

Thanks in advance..

IVAZ

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Anyone have T-mobile..

I bought that phone with the data plan for my kid. I'm not 100% sure but I think wifi will still work without the plan. I think the data plan is just to have the 3G network which is actually pretty fast.

Nandy

Commander

I dont have tmobile but i can assure you that the wifi part works without any activation. Do tmobile use sim cards? If they do you would probably be safe to buy the phone in ebay or craigslist and just move the card. I have done that hundreds of times with other phones with no problem.

cribber

Lieutenant

Go to the nearest local phone store and tell them you're thinking of changing carriers. They'll bend over backwards to lock you in for another year. All ya have to do is ask what discounts are available.

dgopetactical

Chief Petty Officer

yes t-mobile has sim cards.....buy the phone elsewhere (Cheaper) I agree with cribber
Denny