pontoon anchor

papasage

Senior Chief Petty Officer
would like some advise on a way to mount them. maby some pictures if some one has some

SoulWinner

Commander
Re: pontoon anchor

My anchor is tied to a 75' rode with 6' of HEAVY chain connecting the the anchor the 3/4" nylon rode. I just decide what scope I want and tie off to the u-boat at the bow where the trailer strap attaches. I also keep several stainless d-rings or carabiner clips. With these I can tie the rode off at what-ever scope I want to the carabiner and clip it to one of the four eye-bolts that are located at each corner of my boat.

FYI, by "scope" I am referring to the amount of length of rode versus the depth of water. The deeper the water, the longer the amount of rode I let out. I use a 21# Fortress anchor. This is a lot of anchor for a 20' pontoon boat, but with the top up it presents a big profile for wind to push against. I have never had this anchor with this set-up drag.

papasage

Senior Chief Petty Officer

should have ben more clear .
i have 2 eletric winch that i need to mount on a pontoon boat. where and how would mount them .

onthelaketwo

Cadet

If the water is less than 5 feet I just use my Sea-Legs. :D

But that is a expensive solution, unless you get rid of your boat lift. :)

imported_John o

Petty Officer 2nd Class

papasage,

Pictures of your boat would help. Also what types of anchor winches?

I know of people who have mounted them vertical (The Inidianapolis boat show always has one dealer with the vertical mount displayed. Unfortunately I don't remember who it is as I haven't teh sapce for it)

I also know of at least one person who mounted it so that the anchor hangs below the deck. He had a hole put in the deck with the anchor rope running thorugh it. I saw this on Pontoon & deckboat magazines forums ( http://www.pontoon.net/fusetalk/forum/index.cfm?forumid=3 ).

swmpman

Cadet

I have mine mounted at the front of the boat by the gate. This gate is only used by me when we load the boat. Everyone else uses the side doors at the dock. It isn't in the way much at all. I am wanting to mount one on the back of the boat beside one of the gas tanks. I have a 12 gallon portable tank and I think there is enough room there for the anchor too.