220 Mercruiser Ignition Problem

frenz143

Recruit
Hello all,
I have a 1995 sea ray 215 express cruiser with a newer engine in it. It is a year 2000 220 Merc 5.0 Liter. This same thing happened last year but it seamed to heal itself. The engine was in neutral position and I turned the key and tried turning over. (sometimes it takes a couple tries) I turn it again and it tried to turn over but nothing happened. I turned the key a third time and nothing happen. It didnt even click. all it does it beep. Everything else works ie bilge, lights, stereo, etc. oil pressure is good, plenty of gas and the battery is at 14-15 amps. I have two new batteries in there! What could be my problem?

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
Re: 220 Mercruiser Ignition Problem

bad ign switch, neutral safety switch in the helm control, (try moving the shift lever while holding the key in "start"), bad slave solenoid,

frenz143

Recruit
Re: 220 Mercruiser Ignition Problem

Just double checked my volts and its less than 12. Do you think the battery might not have enough amps? I found a blown fuse in one of the two batteries i have and it rained a lot here last week while i was gone. maybe the bilge pump drained it?