harbor craft

clc900mc

Recruit
Howdy, I have the oppertunity to buy a 2008 1975 harbor craft with a 200 optimax engine for less than half the new sticker price. However the hull is damaged. The unit only has 23hrs on it. What is the cost of a new bare hull? I know it would be alot of work but if I can save 8-10 grand and put in a bit of sweat equity I think it may be worth it. Please let me know if you have any info, ideas or thoughts. I would love to get into jetboating but for $45,000+ (canadian) its a little bit of a stretch. Thanks for your input.

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
Re: harbor craft

What do you mean by new bare hull, they typically don't sell just a hull, it comes complete less motor. Also what's new price and what are you getting it for?

Depending on the damage to the hull, those sections may be able to be replaced, but more info (pics if possible) is needed.

clc900mc

Recruit

I will be getting pics this tuesday. I have seen for sale bare boats with no motor, controls, seats ect. Just not sure what a 1975 harbor craft will cost without anything in it. As soon as I get some pics I will post. Thanks

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner

You didn't say what the damaged boat will cost, but it sounds like all you'll really be buying is a complete used sport jet, motor and pump. I can't see it being cost effective to buy basically a complete new boat to put it in.

I'll use the price you mentioned of $45,000 and let's say less than half is $20,000 and all you're really getting is the pump and motor, I know you're getting a bunch of odds and ends, but not a great deal of stuff. That drive combo new would cost less than half the retail price of the boat.

I drive past their plant frequently and they have a yard full of unfinished boats, so maybe if you're lucky they may sell one unfinished. I don't think anyone here would be able to quote a price on boat that would be such a rare special order item, so the only way you'll know is to call them.