replacement boat cover help

tored1971

Cadet
Hello all, this my first post here.
I own a 2001 Pro deep V16 side console.
The original cover has finally bit the dust, I had a seam repaired and now another seam came apart :(
What cover is the best bang for the buck?
I don't need a trailerable cover but that would be nice.
I want a cover that is made to fit my boat.
I would like a cover with sewn in straps and buckles like the original one.

Any and all suggestions a greatly appreciated, Phil

MudSkunk

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: replacement boat cover help

the only ones i could find that fit your description when i was debating which cover was the original cover taht fit the boat. it is also a trailerable cover. they are pricey but the only ones that i have seen that are fit to the boat and have sewn in ratchet straps.

i dont trailer the boat with the cover when going to the lakes around me but it is extremely easy to put on and take off by myself. the wife doesnt like to help with it much.

i tend to leave my cover off a few days after having it on the water to dry out so mold doesnt grow. gives time for the trolling battery charging to disipate any hydrogen that could be lurking below as well.

not sure if that helps or not but i didnt check a whole lot of sources before buying my cover.

taviking22

Cadet

When I bought my Tracker, on the advise of my salesperson, I got a Dowco ratcheting trailerable cover.

I've towed with the cover on from Omaha to Table Rock Lake and back without problems with billowing, etc. I'm very happy with the ease of putting it on and taking it off, and the fact it is custom-fix to my boat, you don't have a lot of extra straps to have to contend with. And the ratcheting system tightens it up like a glove.

Yes, you can buy cheaper, but with the Dowco cover, you definitely get what you paid for.

Happy shopping!

MudSkunk

Petty Officer 2nd Class

sorry forgot to put in i got the one that comes from tracker designed for the specific boat model as it allows me to leave the troller motor in place and i can leave the front seat in the fishing position. some after market covers you have to take the troller off and some move the seats down from fishing position. i got it from the tracker service dept when i picked up the boat.

Last edited:

tored1971

Cadet

OK I narrowed my choices down to:

!. TaylorMade Ultima-$377.99 comes with straps

2. Westland Sharkskin Trailerable-270-74 straps 23.99

Opinions????

Phil

MudSkunk

Petty Officer 2nd Class

i have no clue ive only ever owned one cover which is the one i have now so i dunno about brands.