Using Gluvit On A Bass Tracker

EARLS BOAT

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I Need To Use Gluvit On The Bottom Of My Boat To Seal Off Some Leaky Rivets. Can It Be Applied With The Boat Up Right Or Do I Need To Have It Turned Over?

Huron Angler

Admiral
Re: Using Gluvit On A Bass Tracker

I've never used it but I've read that it creeps down due to gravity after application so I'd think you'd be better off flipping her over.

I'm about to do the same to my 12' aluminum- let us know how it works out and good luck!:)

I also used Cabela's 3M sticks to patch some rivets- it worked great and I just want to gluvit the exterior hull for extra protection.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

It is designed to be used inside the hull but will also work on the outside. As stated above it "creeps" ........ if you were to apply it under a surface it would not work properly if at all.

Best to re-buck the offending rivets first then apply.

Huron Angler

Admiral

It is designed to be used inside the hull but will also work on the outside. As stated above it "creeps" ........ if you were to apply it under a surface it would not work properly if at all.

Best to re-buck the offending rivets first then apply.

Hey Bob can you elaborate on what re-bucking the rivets is exactly?

I've got 3-4 that are still bleeding water depending on how loaded the boat is at the time. I haven't done much to the rivets but I'm considering hammering with some heavy metal on the other side- is this what you refer to?:confused:

Thanks

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Yes that is re-bucking. Really takes two people or really really long arms ;)