Sea king 15hp outboard prop?

lawdog822

Recruit
I have a 1983 I believe,15 hp Sea King made by Chrysler. I am looking for a prop for it. It is a 8 X 8 1/4 plastic prop the part number on it is 6430265-1. Does anyone have suggestions where to find it? Motor model # is VWB 52119D.

Whoopbass

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Sea king 15hp outboard prop?

There is one guy on the net that sells sea king parts. I forgot the name of the site but you should be able to find it with a search. His stuff is pretty pricey.
Ebay is always an option if your patient.

Search this forum, "other outboards" forum and the prop forum here for ideas on where to find one or the possibility of another motor brand that will work.

butler1850

Recruit

MI_BOAT_GUY,

Do you have the part number? I have the same motor, and am looking for a spare as well. I'd like to add the part number to my growing list of information about my motor.

Well, close to the same motor, it's a m/n VWB 52118 though...

vh2q

Cadet

I have no. vwb 52119B ... I would also like to reprop my motor. The original factory prop is a crappy tiny plastic affair, and it cavitates with more than 2 up in my 14 foot Monkey Wards Sea King v hull aluminum boat. (It runs great with 1 up). Anyone care to recommend a better prop that will allow me to give it full throttle with 2 + persons on board? I would also be interested in any tricks to squeeze a tad more power out of this motor. We run up the Willamette River for ducks, I need everything I can get going upstream in this rig.

butler1850

Recruit

I am, or at least I'm looking for a valid part number.

Mine is still fine, but I'd really like to have a spare... just in case.