Prop suggestion for MerCruiser 3.0 LX?

skogveien60

Cadet
Hi!

My name is Ingulf, I live in Norway and last season I bought a 96?model SeaRay 175 CB with a 3.0 MerCruiser LX (135 hp). I currently have a 3 blade aluminium propeller. Not sure about the diameter. I use my boat in saltwater and open ocean... but only on really clear days. Current top-speed is 30-32 knots at about 3500 RPM with 2 adults in the boat. The engine manual says it should run about 4200-4600 at maximum speed. I have seen identical boats/ engines listed with a 40-42 knot top speed.

Any tips on what propeller I should go for? And do you know of any reasonable priced dealerships in USA? The prices in Norway are ridiculus when it comes to engines and parts. Any help is much appreciated!

hwsiii

Commander
Re: Prop suggestion for MerCruiser 3.0 LX?

Welcome to the forum Ingulf. If you are willing to fill out a form and do some trial runs and give me the rpm and MPH from that, I can help you. I am sorry, but I am tired of trying to help people that won't take the time to do it right, but just think there is a magic fix with no effort involved to correctly prop their boat. And then they never come back and tell you exactly how it worked for them, so I now require as much effort from the person requesting help as much as I require from myself. If you are willing to do this I am willing to help you.

H

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

Yes you should be in the low to mid 40s.H can probably help you
if you can get him the info.
Unless you are really badly propped I think you may have other troubles.
Look for the prop size usually on the barrel or under the prop nut.
Is it running on all cylinders.All plug wires connected.Throttle opening all the way?Check the compression.Is the bottom clean?Prop in excellent shape?

cc350

Petty Officer 2nd Class

14 1/2 x 19p:)