1989 Basstracker 110hp Igintion problem

cwaj2009

Recruit
I recently changed my ignition switch and used a OMC Evinrude switch. Followed the diagram for the switch wiring. Now my motor will run but won't shut off with key or kill switch. It is wired correctly checked it 1000 times.

cwaj2009

Recruit
Re: 1989 Basstracker 110hp Igintion problem

I recently changed my ignition switch and used a OMC Evinrude switch. Followed the diagram for the switch wiring. Now my motor will run but won't shut off with key or kill switch. It is wired correctly checked it 1000 times.
xxxxxx

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1989 Basstracker 110hp Igintion problem

The engine normally shuts off when the key switch grounds the power pack. There is a black wire with a yellow tracer that goes from the pack to the key switch-terminal "m". When the swtich is off, the wire is normally grounded. If it is wired correctly, I'd check the continuity from the key switch to the power pack, making sure it is grounded at the pack. On another note, I have seen a defective pack on an older twin pack engine that did not respond to the ground signal-and the engine kept on running on one pack. Replaced that pack and it was fine.