water pump housing melted

dannyman3

Petty Officer 2nd Class
i changed the water pump with a kit. the old housing was melted and had the hole blocked off where the water wasnt moving good at idel. the water pump it self still looks good. what would make it get that hot. run a lot with out water. would it hurt anything else getting that hot.200gt 1990

crxess

Chief Petty Officer
Re: water pump housing melted

Normally the impeller will fail before melting the housing. did you get it this way?
My concren would be a water restriction allowing excessive exhaust heat inside the leg. Water pump provides 2 functions.
Cool the powerhead
Cool the exhaust gasses

dannyman3

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Normally the impeller will fail before melting the housing. did you get it this way?
My concren would be a water restriction allowing excessive exhaust heat inside the leg. Water pump frovides 2 functions.
Cool the powerhead
Cool the exhaust gasses

yeah i got it this way. the alarm would go off when would troll. so i put the new water pump kit in it. and havent had any trubble we trolled all day and it never went off. the pee hole was stoped up when i got it. i had to blow air up it to get all the dirt dobbers out. the guy was tring to sell it for 1yr i think he dry started it alot showing it.he did when i got it.it wasnt bad just had that hole blocked off the impeller looked good. no melt on it at all. wouder if it was changed before i got it and the didnt fix the housing.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

it think you hit the nail on the head, stupid seller.