Carburator injection problems

sherm1

Cadet
I have a 2003 Mercury 4 stroke 75 h.p. Its hard to start and in checking I find that the injectors (look like long tubes beside the carburator, not sure what they are called) do not activate when the key is on and pressed in. Have tried it while turning over the motor and with the key in the on position.
Seems they work as a choke of some kind, but they aren't working. Any suggestions??

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Carburator injection problems

Get a Service Manual, Sherm.

sherm1

Cadet

HMmmmm thanks red sky, so the solution is for me to get a service manual, and not seek guidance from others who may be able to provide it on this forum. So the answer to most every question on the forum would be get a service manual, if you were the moderator; correct?
Keep that advice but thanks for the suggestion.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

You are dealing with a computer controlled, fuel injected 4 stroke engine, Sherm. You don't know what to call the parts and you don't appear to know what you are doing.

We can help you when you have a clue about what you are doing. A Service Manual will give you the necessary terms and theory.

Anyone who attempts to work on any outboard for the first time without a Service Manual has a fool for a technician.

When you know the correct terms and what they mean you can get a lot of help here, but more snide remarks will reduce that probability.