Folbe rod holders

LilTippy

Cadet
Looking at Folbe Rod holders. Any one with any experience? Have you used the side mount and mounted it to a sport track on the Lund? I have an 06 1700 Explorer Sport.

I don't know if the sportrack could handle the stress.

I do have aluminum downrigger plates that move along the gunnel, where I could use the base mount from Folbe, but that would mean I would lose the downrigger setup.

Any experience or advice appreciated.

FISH HUNTER

Cadet
Re: Folbe rod holders

I don't use Folbes but I do use Scotty rod holders and have them side mounted on my sport track brackets. I use them for trolling everything from worm harnesses to big deep diving cranks off of inline planers and have never had any issues. Plus its so nice not to have to drill holes in your boat and you can also move them where ever you need them.
Hope this helps,

FISH HUNTER

cranksbait

Seaman Apprentice

I too us the Scotty rod holders on my sport trac. I have had no problems with pike bass and eyes. Not sure how they would hold up to a record musky, but I would only catch that by pure luck anyways. I move them around all the time too, great system.

FishOn123

Cadet

I have caught numerous pike trolling with deep diving crank baits and inline planner boards. Never had a problem with sportrak mounted rod holders.