Kawasaki 1100 2 stroke STX DI '02 won"t Accelerate

WDK

Recruit
I bought this jetski used, and had around 10 hours of good performance out of it. It smoked excessively, and I took it to the mechanic at a Kawasaki shop to check it out and fix the smoke. He said the smoke is just from oil in the gas and the injection system, and he replaced the plugs and changed the gas. It has not worked right since. It starts great and runs smooth, but will not accelerate when you give it throttle. Immediately goes dead, but restarts easily and idles fine. Seems to be going into "Limp Mode". Been back to same mencanic twice since. Replaced plugs again, and cancelled codes on computer. Said it is probably bad computer module, and not worth replacing for $800..
Does anyone have experience with this problem, or does anyone know of a good Kawasaki mechanic in Central Florida (Orlando)??? I appreciate the help and advise.

Jeff Walkowiak

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Kawasaki 1100 2 stroke STX DI '02 won"t Accelerate

try checking the plug wire ends where they go in to the spark plug boot,, kaws have a reputation for having bad connections at the plug wires, trim them a little and reinstall the boots.