Anchoring

New Tooner

Cadet
Hi,
Wondering what it takes to hold a 21' toon stationary under mild wind conditions. Will one small anchor on the bottom hold it? I have the toon on a lake with rocky bottom, some silt. Is there a weight to anchor ratio?

Rancherlee

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Anchoring

I know my 16# river style anchor doesn't do it on a windy day. I'm looking to add another 16# and toss one off the front on each side to keep it pointed into the wind/waves.

HammondTiger

Cadet

I've got a 24ft pontoon and I usually have to throw out 2 anchors on a day with a little wind. Of course here in Louisiana the river and lake bottms are all mud and sand.

AZAL

Recruit

We have tried several anchors and found that the box anchor from Slide Anchor works best for us with a 20' pontoon. We have used it in windy conditions as well as on the Colorado River and it has always worked. In windy conditions you will still need a second anchor as changing wind direction will still move you side to side. The box anchor also folds flat so it really doesn't take up much room.
Al

slasmith1

Lieutenant Junior Grade

try adding 10-15ft of chain between the anchor and rode. are you using at least a 5:1 scope?

Boatingfamily1

Recruit

I hold my 24 foot pontoon boat in the Colorado river and all lakes with a Large box anchor by Slide anchor. I swear by this thing and all of my friends use them as well. It only weighs 25 pounds, requires no chain and folds flat to fit in a neat little bag. I promise you will not be sorry. I have tried everything else and this is by far the best.

Go to www.slideanchor.com

BF1

country_bumpkin

Petty Officer 1st Class

I hold my 24 foot pontoon boat in the Colorado river and all lakes with a Large box anchor by Slide anchor. I swear by this thing and all of my friends use them as well. It only weighs 25 pounds, requires no chain and folds flat to fit in a neat little bag. I promise you will not be sorry. I have tried everything else and this is by far the best.

Go to www.slideanchor.com

BF1

Wow! That is cool! I've never seen that before. The video shows you exactly how it works. Gotta get me one of them.

CB