Boat Listing

sickwilly

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Boat Listing

Just hit the link for flag it in the upper right hand corner any time you see it.

That, or for grins, send the Kenyan an email and watch as you get something back about: its a great boat, turn key, I am off in Iraq and need to sell it. It will be shipped to you and you can refuse it. We will use paypall, etc. just send me your contact information and we will set up an escro account, yadda yadda yadda.

If its too good to be true, it is!

jdlough

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Boat Listing

Yeah,

For craigslist ads on a suspected scam, do a google search on the ad's title, but leave out the price (the scammers change the price by a few buck for each scam listing) The price is usually a bit weird ($7,204)

The scam craigslist listing never has a phone number or exact location.

If it is a scam, you will find many listings for this boat (at slightly different prices - $7,247), all over the country, on craigslist, WITH PICS.

If you search hard enough, you may find the legitimate listing, on ebay, of the poor sucker's ebay listing who's pics were ripped off for the scam craigslist listing.

I live on the Eastern Shore, MD. All the MD ads seem ok, but many of the Delaware too-good-to-be-true ads are scams. I google and find the same Delaware boat listed in Texas, New York, Oregon, Washington state, California, others.