30hp mariner bogging at high rpm

i have a 30 mariner 79 or 80 model single carb.it had been sitting for awhile. i disassembled the carb and cleaned it,replaced the needle valve,cleaned the nozzle and main jet and every port or orfice i could see,replaced the fuel pump and it cranks and idles fine but when you put it in gear and open the throttle wide open it bogs.i can run it at 1/2 choke and it does fine.
am i missing something that needs to be cleaned? is there a method of soaking the carb.what are you guys suggestions.

solar7647

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: 30hp mariner bogging at high rpm

I had the same issue with my motor and it ended up being a bad spark plug wire. Just a thought. good luck

jhawkwx

Recruit
Re: 30hp mariner bogging at high rpm

if your using choke to fuel motor, sounds like a fuel starvation. did you change primer bulb?

What fuel pump did you use to replace yours? I'm having the same problem, but haven't changed my fuel pump yet. I found a mercury/mariner for 70 bucks, but the yamaha version sells for 30 bucks. I'm just curious if anyone knows whether you can interchange the two. Yamaha doesn't show parts beyond 1984, even though I know they manufactured these Mariner badged outboards.