Try This It Works Great!

mphy98

Lieutenant
If you have the rubber worn off or torn on you power tilt hoses, but the hose is solid and not leaking. I am talking about just the outside casing. use the liquid rubber that you can dip your pliers into. I used a disposable glove and coated them a couple of times, but it works like a champ. flexable yet a good cover, a lot cheaper than new hoses, and since the outside cover really offers no structial strength, it should last a long time.

This_lil_fishy

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Try This It Works Great!

The exterior rubber casing will only be slightly worse then the interior rubber casing. Honestly, I can't say I agree with you, it's a cosmetic fix.

Ian

Span 24

Seaman Apprentice

If you have the rubber worn off or torn on you power tilt hoses, but the hose is solid and not leaking. I am talking about just the outside casing. use the liquid rubber that you can dip your pliers into. I used a disposable glove and coated them a couple of times, but it works like a champ. flexable yet a good cover, a lot cheaper than new hoses, and since the outside cover really offers no structial strength, it should last a long time.

I noted some rub damage on one of my hoses. I thought I would just loosen them, turn the hose so that they do not rub, then tighten?

Michael​

Splat

Lieutenant

Agreed, hydraulic hoses work by using all layers of the hose to control hydronamic pressure.

Fixing the outer casing still leaves a weak spot of the hose.

Working around a damaged, or improperly repaired hydro hose is extremely dangerous. The fluid inside is under pressure, and released through a rupture can do as little damage as a mild burn, to becoming an blood stream injection hazard, to cutting skin bone and even steel like a hotknife through butter.

Bill