mercruiser carburetor

uncleted

Recruit
Where do I find the model of mt Mercruiser carburetor, 5.0 liter. The only number I find is SAE J1223. This is on a 99 Maxum with twin 5.0 liter engines.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: mercruiser carburetor

Go to the Adults Only sticky at the top of this forum. In it you will find a link to the OEM service manuals. If you download manual #24 it will explain where the numbers are for the type carb you have.

uncleted

Recruit
Re: mercruiser carburetor

Check where instuctions said. Nothing. Only thing I find at all is SAE J1223 and this seems of no help

Mlangenbach

Recruit
Re: mercruiser carburetor J1223

The Carb has a spring loaded cover over the adjusting mechanism. I cannot figure how the remove the cover so I can sdjust the carb?? Any ideas as to how to do this?? The carb is a Mercruiser J1223

Thanks
Mike

Struc

Chief Petty Officer

Welcome to iBoats.

Please start a new thread with your questions. Bringing back a 3 year old thread is frowned upon.

Thanks!

Mlangenbach

Recruit

I am new and don't know how to start a new thread?? Can you help me??
Thanks

Welcome to iBoats.

Please start a new thread with your questions. Bringing back a 3 year old thread is frowned upon.

Thanks!

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

1. Go to the iboats forum page http://forums.iboats.com/forum.php. Be sure to login at the top of the page.
2. Then select the section in which your question best fits (Click the section)
3. Once you have selected the section, click on the blue button that says "Post New Thread" located above the existing threads.
4. A new page will then pull up that allows you to title your piece (Something relevant to the question)
5. Type in your question in the body text area.
6. Look for the "Submit New Thread" button located in the bottom right hand corner of the screen.

attachment.php

Mlangenbach

Recruit

1. Go to the iboats forum page http://forums.iboats.com/forum.php. Be sure to login at the top of the page.
2. Then select the section in which your question best fits (Click the section)
3. Once you have selected the section, click on the blue button that says "Post New Thread" located above the existing threads.
4. A new page will then pull up that allows you to title your piece (Something relevant to the question)
5. Type in your question in the body text area.
6. Look for the "Submit New Thread" button located in the bottom right hand corner of the screen.

attachment.php

Thanks for your help

Mike