Minn Kota Powerdrive Bow Mount Help.

greatoutdoors

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi Guys, I got a Minn Kota Powerdrive 40lb bow mount off a buddy of mine. Works great except I cant figure out how to mount it. Is it supposed to come with a mounting bracket that it slides on to? Found quick release brackets online but don't want to spend $60. He says he didn't think it came with one. Looks like it should. If not, how do I mount it? Thanks for the help!

billy boater

Seaman
Re: Minn Kota Powerdrive Bow Mount Help.

u can go to fleet farm and buy a slide brackett for 30 bucks. thrust me its a good buy that way when u want to take it off it just slides right off. u could just bolt it down if u want but i like the slide brackett myself. it comes with a hole in it so u can run a lock thru it. if u choose to bolt it down or get the bracket all u have to do is pull the two side plastic covers off with the two screws holdin them on and run ur bolts thru bolt it on and reinstall the plastic covers

rndn

Commander

I know you don't want to spend the money, but trust me you will love the removable mount. It's well worth the money.

Splat

Lieutenant

Here ya go....
http://www.iboats.com/Minn_Kota_Pow...09350932--**********.058586658--view_id.38868

get the mount. You won't be sorry you did. Also don't forget the plug for it....
http://www.iboats.com/2_Wire_Connec...9350932--**********.058586658--view_id.391341

you can always just remove the sliding brack from the bottom of the motor you have and just screw the plate down to the top of your deck, but the slide brackets are so much better.

On my MK Terrova you'd need to remove the 2 side plates to access the bolts, don't know about your specific model.

BIll

greatoutdoors

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thank you for all your help guys. I got it figured out.