Grumman Challenger Specs (person weight rating)

Mobi

Recruit
I am trying to find the weight limits for 1985 Grumman Challenger.
I would really like to know how many people / weight of people and total weight including items the Challenger is rated to carry. The specs sticker is very faded on the boat.

Boss Hawg

Lieutenant
Re: Grumman Challenger Specs (person weight rating)

If it's a 16' net weight shows a max 480# :)
Google is your freind :rolleyes:

Mobi

Recruit

Is that the net weight of the actual boat? iboats says the weight is around 480.

I am considering buying the boat. The woman owner said that the paperwork says it's rated for 5 people or 1000 lb. The woman is an odd one. She wouldn't show me the registration paper saying that she didn't know where it was. Although she came out waving a paper the day before saying it was rated for five.

The numbers just don't add up. She had it advertised as a 14'. The boat is 15 and 1/2 feet labeled as a 16'. I'm not sure about the width of the boat. At 4' x 16' and then devided by 15. The boat would be rated for four people. It might be a little wider.

The woman knows that I would prefer it be rated for more than four people. When she wouldn't let me see the registration, she said I wouldn't lie to you. While I really don't want to deal with the wacky woman and everything in me says keep looking. I kind of like the boat. She might also have the wrong paperwork but may be too thick to realize it. I don't know.

So I'm just trying to figure out if she is lying. Her face said lie.

Thanks for the reply Boss Hawg.

Piedog

Cadet

Is your boat a bass boat!