LF200TXRA '02 Yam limits 4300rpm WOT

morayinc

Cadet
I have come to a channel marker. This motor has been moved to a different hull with a different harness. I have new fuel. New fluids and filters. Checked the plugs, clean, except #1 was discolored. The injectors have been sent for complete service and reinstalled. The odd bank had poor flow, per the report. The VST was cleaned, the screen had some "sandy" debris in it, no gunk. The previous time I cleaned the VST screen it had gunk and the "sandy' debris. I have not checked the fuel pressure. I will get the gauge and check this weekend to rule out some issues noted in the other forum posts. I will use the old harness to rule out any harness issues. The problem: The motor runs to a max range of 4300-4500rpms WOT with or without load. I think I noticed detonation while under load, not sure. Please advise.

morayinc

Cadet
Re: LF200TXRA '02 Yam limits 4300rpm WOT

Checked the fuel pressure at idle registered normal 45psi with a very slow "leakdown". I will do a dunk and test later.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

could also be the prop isnt correct for the "new" hull.

morayinc

Cadet

rodbolt, I took your post as a good start. Went from a 17pitch to a 15pitch. Better hole shot but the issue of the RPM threshold still remains. I tried to pump the primer bulb, no effect. I took the plugs wires off to test the coils, they are giving spark. I have not tried to use the other harness yet. would that cause any problems? Would the Neutral safety switch cause any of these problems? I will keep sniffing around.

morayinc

Cadet

I took my jalopy to a mechanic. The computer threw up a shift position sensor code error. We are changing the sensor. I hope that I am not chasing a ghost.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

you are.
most times the shift position switch will throw a code after it gets revved up in N.
usually you will see a descrepancy in hours from the code set time and total engine hours.

morayinc

Cadet

The shop replaced the sensor. They gave me the opportunity to water test the rig to save an hour shop time. The thing jumped out of the water to 5K rpm just fine. Took it fishing a couple of days. Ran WOT 6K rpm at 38.6Kts with gear and friend. Seems tuned okay, no need to re-prop. I did experience fuel related issues the second day, this is the first tank of fuel. I have a glass cartridge filter and a 2 micron (white & blue) fuel/water separator. The motor cut out at the end of the day, with a primer bulb collapsed. The cartridge was fully coated with debris. I tore up the canister the pleats were clean. I will rely on the pleated canister and abandon the cartridge. The fuel runs fine when the filters are clean. Happy boating!