AOWYN

Recruit
I have a 60 FETO with the following info on the id plate
60FETO
6H2 L 465024
and the following on the block:
6H30 4
Y-1

Can anybody help mw with determining the age and the likelihood of me being able to get an ignition module for this engine (I'm guessing it is the ignition module that has failed)

All help much appreciated.

Dunaruna

Admiral
Re: Yamaha 60 hp age unknown

AOWYN , are you in England? Look on the bottom corner of the id plate, there should be a solitary letter.

AOWYN

Recruit
Re: Yamaha 60 hp age unknown

It's complicated.

I am in Florida, the engine, and my son, are in the UK.

I don't have a picture of the plate but my son told me on the phone that the 6H30 4 Y-1 characters were on the plate and the 6H2 l 465024 characters were on the block.

the trouble is my son is now en route to the Caribbean to deliver a boat from the BVI to Maine which means that I can't get him to check the details again for some weeks.

I said complicated.

But I suspect that the engine is mid 90's and has not been working for about 6 years. the trouble is it looks like new and subject to water impeller etc I suspect that it will work OK once we can get a spark! (The cylinders were sprayed with oil when the mechanic gave up trying to find the fault so I hope that it will actually run once we can replace the ignition module, anyway it is worth a try if we can locate the parts.)

What looks like the ignition module has the following characters on it
CU73842Y23 if that helps identify parts.

Thanks again for your interest

Bernard