is my boat supposed to do this?

tagolf2000

Cadet
i have only had my donzi out 2 times this year. 4.3lx alpha 1 2nd gen. i was thinkin wen i took it out the first time, the trim buttons worked fine. wen i trim down the trim motor keeps runnin an the gauge shows all the way down... is it supposed to sound like its trying to trim down even after its all the way down or should it shut off in full down position?

HighLineCBR

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: is my boat supposed to do this?

I guess it all depends on the type of trim tam system you have. Some stop when you stop holding the button others go down automatically and then stop. If your trim is all the way down the trim motor should turn off.

tagolf2000

Cadet

thanks for the quick response. thats wat i thought it was supposed to do. shut the trim motor off wen it got to full down position also..... since it is not doing that do you know of anything that could cause it not to go off such as trim sender/switches needs adj or something?

cooter2506

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Your trim pump will continue to RUN as long as you are holdoing the down button. It will come to a stop on the trim UP. Your system is working normally. You are taking about the outdrive not the trim tabs correct?

Last edited:

tagolf2000

Cadet

yes. the outdrive itself. i thought it was suppose to shut off after it went all the way down as well as wen it went to set up postion.. thanks for the info. hope it wasnt a dumb question im jus new to the boating world an very nervous ab things. lol.

cooter2506

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Been there I have 297 posts now and 99.9% are questions!!!!!!!! By the way welcome to Iboats!!!!

Mercury13

Seaman Apprentice

If I use the trim switch on my shifter everything works fine. The stern mounted rocker switch sticks occasionally and holds the motor engaged. Started to get a bit of corrosion inside. I shot some aero kroil in there and worked it a few times. Its fine now.

Mercury13