Yamaha 225 - Four Stroke - Fuel Problem

howieha

Recruit
I replaced the fuel filter and fuel filter/separator. The engine started after replacement and ran for about 2 minutes and now seems to not be getting any fuel. The primer bulb wont harden up but I removed and retightened filters, checked orings and can't find any leaks.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or whether or not it is possible to have an airlock in the line.

Thanks

mkc-paulie

Recruit
Re: Yamaha 225 - Four Stroke - Fuel Problem

I replaced the fuel filter and fuel filter/separator. The engine started after replacement and ran for about 2 minutes and now seems to not be getting any fuel. The primer bulb wont harden up but I removed and retightened filters, checked orings and can't find any leaks.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or whether or not it is possible to have an airlock in the line.

Thanks
Its the gas you are using..get used to it. Would be nice to find some gas without Ethanol in it.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: Yamaha 225 - Four Stroke - Fuel Problem

yes its possible your water seperator in the hull needs to be pre-filled or hold the fuel primer bulb with the arrow pointed skyward and pump like mad.
the F225 lift pump only runs about 10 seconds then off for 20 seconds below about 1200 RPM.
not enough time to refill both filters before the VST runs dry.