got a few concernes

polkat

Cadet
I have a 1996 evin 40 hp; I recently got my lower unit back together and I didnt have and spark; searching around for bad connections and I notices a burnt wire way down below the motor not sure was its for? (Im thinking safety shut off) then I got spark somehow? still not sure why but I ran it all weekend. My concern is does the oil injection work off venturi ? or how would it work (there are sure a lot of wires in that compartment? secondly it seem that most time one of the cyl isnt firing like its flooded; I like on a lake and I have to trim my motor out so that the prop is half was out of the water (I have a long shaft) I was thinking that since the motor is tilted so much that gas is filling up the carbs I think that the problem is on the bottom carb and its loading up my cyl I put it in N and grab the manual throttle and rev in up and it usually clears up but it is a PITA I dont like to run it with one cyl not firing is there any common solutions to these questions or any common problems associated with this year engine thank you

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: got a few concernes

picture of the wire would help, you probably need a carb cleaning and rebuild kit. the vro operates of a pulse line from crankcase under the carbs.