Ach! I'm gonna do it again!

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Time to paint another room!

Got my "home office" cleared out and will go in there tomorrow morning and lay down the drop cloths and remove the window blinds. I have a few primer sags that I'll have to sand down in the morning. Then it'll be ready to paint! I have to pick up my helper at 11:00 so that we can get started. :D

I cut up some cereal boxes and will tape those pieces to the dropcloth to protect the carpet. Another experiment on my part. I wasn't thrilled with how I handled that interface in the guest room. We'll see how it goes this time.

I put my computer into the guest bedroom, which is now that pale powder blue color. While sitting in here typing, a nice breeze has been blowing through. Hadn't realized how comfortable this little room turned out to be! Sweet!

With each room, I'm learning more and more. Heck, I bet that by the time I get the living room and kitchen finished, I'll actually be capable of painting a boat! :D LOL!

officeprepaint1.jpg

officeprepaint2.jpg

officeprepaint3.jpg

officeprepaint4.jpg

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Re: Ach! I'm gonna do it again!

Got it painted!

I removed EVERYTHING from the office, then I stapled the cut cereal box strips into the carpet along the baseboard at the carpet interface. After that, I taped the plastic dropcloth to the cardboard. Worked like a charm!

My helper and I got the ceiling and walls painted today. The color is "Almond Cream" and really does look like somebody put some almonds and whole cream into a blender. LOL!

I'm thinking that I'll keep everything out of the office even after the trimwork is done, so that I can use it as a staging area for furniture from the other rooms while I'm painting them. Makes it really convenient.

Tomorrow is Cindo de Mayo, a huge day for me, so I won't be doing the trimwork until later this week.

officeprepaint5.jpg

officeprepaint6.jpg

officeprepaint7.jpg

officepainted1.jpg

officepainted2.jpg

officepainted3.jpg

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Re: Ach! I'm gonna do it again!

Well, I got the office 99% done (still have to do trimwork around one door) but then started using it as a staging area for stuff from the master bedroom. Now it's full up, but should be emptied back out by this weekend.

And I did start painting the master bedroom this afternoon. Going well!

officepainted6.jpg

officepainted7.jpg

officestagingarea.jpg