pull rope assy for chrysler outboard

allenprimo913

Seaman
hello,

can anybody direct me where to buy the pull rope assy for 15 hp & 12.9 hp chrysler?

i dont see any part # or what they call it on outboard parts

this is the assy. that you pull when you start this lil outboard motors

instead of electric start.

if somebody can tell me the name of it, thanks a lot and where to buy it:confused::confused:

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
Re: pull rope assy for chrysler outboard

It is a recoill starter assembly and it was used on almost all small Chrysler engines. The most common one was used on the 9.9 through 15 HP AND I believe it was carried over to Force without any change.

It does come up on the auctions periodically but it is expensive new and on the auctions used ones usually sell for 30-40 bucks---pricey!

Try the Chrysler crew and advertise for a used one or contact franzmarine @aol.com for a new one.

If you can find a junk engine with a usable one for under 100 bucks, then that would be the way to go; you would get the starter and other extra parts you may need later.

I am short two of those and switch them from one engine to another as I need them--they are difficult to find in good condition used. That's why they command so much money on the auctions.

allenprimo913

Seaman
Re: pull rope assy for chrysler outboard

thank you for the response , i dont know much about auctions so maybe just contact the fransmarine for a new one.

if i dont keep this motor , would anybody buy them in their condition?