please help

miked12866

Recruit
I have a 2007 Skeeter ZX200 bass boat which I bought a year ago as a leftover. Haven't had any problems with it.....until now. I went to the dealer to get a new cranking battery because my interstate battery crapped out....luckily 2 days before the warranty was up. That was Tuesday. Went to take the boat out today (Saturday) and the new battery was dead. I was told that something must have been drawing from the battery. Once I got the battery charged, I took it out on the water, and when I trailered it and shut the power down, the lights on the dash stayed on, along with the nav light switch on the bow:confused: I had to disconnect the battery completely. This is where I'm at. Anyone out there know what the problem could be?? I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks

dchris

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: please help

It's hard to say without a more detailed description. Check the switches and connections that go to your dash and nav lights. Also check the receptacles of the lights. They are getting power from somewhere, so you are looking for a shorted wire or connection.