54 fastwin rings/pistons? Model#15012

Hi,
I have the above motor. And have looked but to no-avail. Also what should the compression be that is considered to be within specs. Thanks, John :confused:

CATransplant

Admiral
Re: 54 fastwin rings/pistons? Model#15012

Go over to www.aomci.org and hit the Ask A Member forum there. Ask, and someone will be able to give you the part numbers for your parts, and may even post a parts list.

They have a free classified ad section, too. Someone probably has the NOS parts and would sell them to you.

coolguy147

Commander

there is no spec since all testers vary. looking for each piston with 10% of each other. plus porbaly anything over 70psi is good for that motor if it hasnt ran in a while running well maybe 80-100 or higher

wbeaton

Commander

there is no spec since all testers vary. looking for each piston with 10% of each other. plus porbaly anything over 70psi is good for that motor if it hasnt ran in a while running well maybe 80-100 or higher

That's about right.

PM me your email address and I'll send you the parts manual for your motor.

floatingwoody2006

Chief Petty Officer

yup.. that's porbaly correct. ;) run it rich for the first few starts.

yup.. that's porbaly correct. ;) run it rich for the first few starts.

Go over to www.aomci.org and hit the Ask A Member forum there. Ask, and someone will be able to give you the part numbers for your parts, and may even post a parts list.

They have a free classified ad section, too. Someone probably has the NOS parts and would sell them to you.

Well folks,
Here is the results. It is well within 10% of each other. Around 90 according to my compression tester in which I almost fell off of the chair. :D

1946Zephyr

Vice Admiral

Those are good motors. A good place to find parts is also at Engine Blade and Prop or Seaway Marine. Good luck with it, I hope it works out good for you.:cool:

Thanks Zephyr,
It runs good but has ignition miss but i'll take care of that. Not bad for a feebay motor from MI. 54 Rude.

1946Zephyr

Vice Admiral

Well, I think you may want to check the condition of your coils and make sure they aren't cracked. Also, check out the points. I found that these old motors respond really well, with a reconditioned ignition system.:D

Hey Zephyr,
Its funny you say that. I did just that and found that the coils,points and condensers all appear brand new or close to it. But one thing struck me funny when I noticed they didnt change the "sparky" wires. It has a ignition miss, It might be the spark-plug or wires or both. I am not a big fan of champion plugs personaly I think they stink. I didnt ohm nothing out as of yet, But I will this weekend. I just did order the whole ignition set-up. The whole 9. But I will try ngk plugs this time around. I cant wait to go flyin around in my 12' tinny. 54 Rude