Listing to Starboard at rest - Maxum 2700 SCR

I have searched the forums and Google for hours with no help, so forgive me if this has already been asked...

The deck window hatches leaked on my 1990 Maxum 2700 SCR. Now the boat lists to starboard while at the dock. I have verified that the current is not the culprit, nor batteries or any other gear. I have also emptied the fresh water tank for testing. The list is quite severe, the starboard side is easily 4-5 inches lower than the port side. This is not an old problem, and the last season I had it in the water did not exist. I have checked the bilge pumps and ports all over the boat. I can feel water under the fresh water tank, which is center mounted forward in the boat under the stairs to the cabin. Other than that, I can find no water. I bought a hand held water pump and it did not work for pulling out the inch or so I can feel with my fingers. Does anybody have any suggestions for how to fix this problem? Is there foam under the floor of my boat? Is my boat done? Thanks for your replies.

Last edited:

12962a

Recruit
Re: Listing to Starboard at rest - Maxum 2700 SCR

Hi.. I have the same problem with my maxum 2700 SCR and i dont know what is the problem. If you already have an ansuer about this, please tell me. THANKS.

steve201

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Listing to Starboard at rest - Maxum 2700 SCR

I don't think there is any place for water to collect other than outside the tank..if your collecting that much water, then it migh be worth you pulling the boat out and working with a moisture meter to find if your getting saturation...plus you do need to get a pump that will suck the water out....I found a neat little pump at harbor freight for 25 bucks...you can attach a few hoses to it and it will suck out the water...it's not fast but it works..

Steve