problem from earlier....on my 35 hp

Athon08

Cadet
it's an 80 something model. i forgot to winterize and now i can't keep the motor running, it will crank and run for a few seconds then die.
i took the rich/lean box off and sprayed carb cleaner in the carb, mixed some carb cleaner with gas/oil mix and tried to run it through, still the same thing...
it will start run a few secs then die, try to start and it won't start up. i give the primer bulb by the gas tank a few pumps, but the bulb is still hard, go and try to start it and it starts right up, runs a few secs then dies...then the process starts all over with the same results everytime..

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!!!!!! :mad:

Woodstock60

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: problem from earlier....on my 35 hp

Although there are many things to check I would start with a complete and thorough carb clean, Sounds like the float needle is sticking or gunked up.

Athon08

Cadet
Re: problem from earlier....on my 35 hp

how do i get the float needle unstuck or degunked?...i thought maybe spraying carb cleaner and running some carb cleaner and gas through it may solve my problem...i guess waiting a little bit then trying to run it may have to give the cleaner time to work...but if that doesn't, how can i try and fix the float needle?