new to boating and wanting to learn

thaynes5334

Recruit
Hi all,
I am new to boating and I guess I went big and bought a 27 ft cuddy to see what I can do with it. Mostly I am looking for ideas on what I would need to put this in the water and enjoy it. It is a 1989 IMP 270 Express with a chevy 350 marine engine and a volvo penta duo prop outdrive. It is in great shape and has logged about 400 hrs. on it. I have only put it in the water once since I bought it 2 yrs ago. I'm sure the guy at the marina had a good time watching me and my friend try to put in the water.
Since I took it out of storage a couple of weeks ago, I have started to clean it up and take care of the minor problems it has. I had a shore power cord made for it, rebuilt the freshwater pump, repainted it, and started to redo the interior carpet and added a new rub rail.
I need to repair a burner on the dual use stove, find a way to either fix or replace the ac/dc fridge and figure out how to use or repair the waste water pump. I will also be redoing the seat covers to turn them back to the original blue they were before the previous owner turned them red.
Does anyone know how to find info on what I would need to get to make this boat safe to keep dockside and legal as far as life jackets, fire extinguishers etc? I have just ordered a Garmin 178 GPS for this boat. It comes with an Eagle z9500 loran that I think is outdated.
Plus, any ideas on how to refinish the teakwood would be great. I have heard that I need to be careful when sanding the old finish off.
Plus, what is the procedure for using and cleaning out the head? It appears to use water pumped from the lake, but I'm not sure.
Thanks for looking at my thread and I'll be back again!