2 Battery Setup CD player

fatalberts

Cadet
Hello all, I am in the process of installing a 2nd DEEP CELL battery with an isolator switch. No problems with that but the whole reasoning I am installing the 2nd battery is to power my cd player and amp.Now im familar with connecting the amp to the battery from wireing up systems in my cars. My question is For the CD player, do I keep it connected to the factory battery or do i switch the cd power source to the 2nd battery. And if I do switch batteries, Is there a certain way to do so. If im thinking correctly the factory setup for the stereo goes to a control pannel or fuse box that gets power from the original battery. And I want to get power from the 2nd battery.Do I run a power wire to the cd player wit a switch in it, Idealy I want it to be hooked up to the ignition or the accesory pannel. What are your thoughts

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: 2 Battery Setup CD player

You mentioned using an "isolator switch". You either have an isolator or a switch. Which is it.

Phantom_II

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 2 Battery Setup CD player

Your best bet is to use the secondary battery to operate your sound system, lights and other assorted non-essentials.
Save your primary battery for starting the engine.
That way, if you spend too much time moored, drowning worms or other aquatic activities, and you find you've killed your battery, your main battery is still fully charged and ready to start your engine.
You're not stranded.