1999 OX66 S250TURX Random Misfire

PBJohn

Seaman
Can anyone tell me the procedure to bypass the kill switch? I have been chasing a random misfire and want to make sure it is not from the kill switch portion. If any one has any suggestions on other things to check I would appreciate any assistance. Random misfire over 4500 RPM. Seems like it happens more often when hitting waves or rough water unless it's coincidence.

cousinabe

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: 1999 OX66 S250TURX Random Misfire

disconnect the white wire near the CDI.
please provide more details on your maint history.
have you check that your spark plug caps are in spec?

PBJohn

Seaman

Yes all six were replaced last year. I have also done the following. LP pumps tested, Injectors sent out and flow tested, Fuel pressure, o2, vst, tps . All the routine items that tend to fail. The challenge I face is having it act up consistantly and it doesn't help that it only happens at high RPM so testing some of these at speed just doesn't make it easy. Last week ran 30 miles and it acted up on the last 1/4 mile coming home. Everyone suggests it's a fuel issue but I don't see what else on the fuel side would do this.

PBJohn

Seaman

Interesting read. I have not. I did pull the pick up tube and verified it was not restricted or leaking. I'll open the fuel float acess and take a look inside the tank with a flashlight. My 10 micron and water seperator have never shown any contamination. I'll inspect the fuel supply line too. Besides the diaphrams going bad in the LP pumps is there anything else that can cause them to fail? I'll keep chasing fuel because everything I read about the ignition side sounds as if it is very dependable.