Please can anyone identify this Sun Runner?

Excalibur II

Cadet
Hi,

I am considering purchasing a 1987 model Sun Runner which is in need of complete renovation. The hull number is XUE71056J687.

It is about 28' long overall, 8' 6" beam and I think it may be a 275 model as it is very similar to a 1986 model 275 I have seen advertised, although there are some slight differences to the dash and galley layout down below.

It has twin Volvo AQ131 engines on 290SP drives, which I believe are original.

I know the Company no longer exists, but does anyone have any information which would help me positively identify this boat? I am particularly interested to find out what sort of performance the above engines and drives would have given the boat when new (this one is a non-runner), and what (if any) powertrain options were offered in this model as I suspect I will need to replace the current units.

Any help from current owners of similar boats, or anyone with connections with the factory would be much appreciated

littlebookworm

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Please can anyone identify this Sun Runner?

Sorry you didn't get a response sooner; I personally haven't been on this site for a while. Anyway, if you go to Sunrunners at yahoo dot com, you will find the Sunrunner owners' forum, of which I am a member. Signing on is free and easy. I suggest you do so. There you will a wealth of information, including an owner' manual, for the Sunrunner boats, as well as many knowledgeable and experienced Sunrunner owners. Welcome aboard and good luck. Hy