Suzi stuck in reverse.

pmassey31545

Seaman
Ok, it's been a while but I am back again. And here we go. I looked through the forums for some help but nothing pertaining to my exact problem was mentioned. I was at the lake one day and too the boat out as usual and ran it around right when I got there to Warm it up blow some crap out, you know. Ran fine out and back, about a mile and a half. I was pulling back up to the dock to get the tube and put it in Neutral. Then reverse and BOOM! Now all I have is reverse. The shift lever works fine and all my linkages and cables work. The arms on the motor are working so it must be something in the foot. Right? But what? It gets weirder. It will start, but as soon as it's running it is straight to reverse whether I shift or not. Haven't taken it apart yet, but I'm about to. Any help or suggestions?? Thanks.......

James R

Commander
Re: Suzi stick in reverse.

It helps us greatly if you tell us exactly which motor you are referring too.

pmassey31545

Seaman

It helps us greatly if you tell us exactly which motor you are referring too.

I'm an idiot. I left that out. It's a 1982, 85 hp Suzuki. Nice little motor, but struggling right now. Thanks....

i had my 65hp do that. I have to take off the prop,and prob shaft out and the shifting pin was under the shifting rod. Its a easy fix once you get the shaft itself out.

pmassey31545

Seaman

i had my 65hp do that. I have to take off the prop,and prob shaft out and the shifting pin was under the shifting rod. Its a easy fix once you get the shaft itself out.

Yeah, I'm about to take it apart but wanted to get some insight first.