2000 125 elpto mercury no sparlk one cyl

13lokei

Cadet
My 125 elpto has no spark on number 1 cylinder also the rectifier wires show signs of being to hot ( two yellow leads from stator). I belive it is a triger problem causing the spark lose but I am worried the stator is causing the overheating of the recitfier wires. The output of the rectifier was 14.5 volts at 3000 rpm's. Is that the right voltage? My concern is if I put in a new trigger and regain spark on number 1 cyl. Could it possiably go out again if the staor is whats causing the hot wires at the rectifier?
All the cdm modules are good and will fire per checking them. This is why im leaning to a new trigger. Am I leaning in the right direction?

electricjohn

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 2000 125 elpto mercury no sparlk one cyl

The stator wires going to the rectifier (yellow) and the stator wires going to the switchbox (red, blue, and black) are two separate circuits. The trigger can be tested without removal using a continuity tester. 14.5 volts at the rectifier is typical for a midsized Merc, if the motor is running. That number will drop a bit as the battery charges.

Tech

Cadet

My 125 elpto has no spark on number 1 cylinder also the rectifier wires show signs of being to hot ( two yellow leads from stator). I belive it is a triger problem causing the spark lose but I am worried the stator is causing the overheating of the recitfier wires. The output of the rectifier was 14.5 volts at 3000 rpm's. Is that the right voltage? My concern is if I put in a new trigger and regain spark on number 1 cyl. Could it possiably go out again if the staor is whats causing the hot wires at the rectifier?
All the cdm modules are good and will fire per checking them. This is why im leaning to a new trigger. Am I leaning in the right direction?

Yes you are leaning in the right direction for repair. THe stator cannot cause a problem with the trigger. The CDMs are dependant on each other to fire, so if you lose only one cylinder, the trigger is most likely the problem. Try moving the non-firing CDM to another known good cylinder. If it fires, the trigger is the culprit.

Yes 14.5vdc is correct output for that system. If the voltage goes up higher as RPM increases, replace the regulator. As far as the hot wires are concerned, check all grounds on the charging system. Loose or dirty grounds will make the stator work harder than needed to get the job done. Also make sure that you have a battery that is in good condition and passes a load test.

13lokei

Cadet

Thanks im up and running just fine as of today. The battery didnt pass a load test so thanks for that advive. A new trigger and battery and every thing is good. Thanks all